Saturday, June 11, 2016

Allow me to introduce my soulmate

What's that?  You think she looks just like me?  Well, looks can be deceiving.  Greta Griefnurturer has one goal: to remind me of my pain.  You see, so long as I relive the pain of losing my son she gets the gift of continued existence.  If I could get passed the pain, she would disappear. Everywhere I go, I can feel her behind me. I try to ignore her, and succeed most of the day. But she is a vigilant bitch. She watches and quietly waits. Her silence is daunting, since I know that she uses the silence to calculate her next attack. She waits for when she knows that it will be most effective. She cannot be happy as long as I seem happy. She is impish in her surprise attacks. Anytime she recognizes something that could make me think of him, she whispers into my ear.  She never sleeps either.  When I'm asleep, she keeps her wits about her so that she can sneak into my dreams.  Sometimes she replays memories of my son for me.  Sometimes she really screws with me by creating fantasy scenarios where all of this estrangement is behind us.  Those dreams are not too hard to dismiss, since they are too pleasant to fool me into thinking that they are reality. Maybe she'll tire of her games with me at some point.  I thought I had gotten rid of her last year when K was back in my life for six months.  But even then, she would hang around reminding me that he'd probably cut me off again.  She's so cynical, but she turned out to be right. Maybe I should refer to her as my soul-sucking mate?  

No comments:

Post a Comment